Sunday, February 8, 2015

I Make Predictions (Round 25)

I guess I should have trusted my system’s prediction that there would be five draws—although there were actually six draws.  However, it predicts four draws this round and I am still skeptical.

Last round Mark Lawrenson got four games right for four points.  His celebrity guest got two games right for two points.  Merson got five games right for nine points.  I got seven games right for 13 points. 
Since I started thirteen rounds ago I have predicted 66 out of 130 games correctly for 102 points.  Lawrenson predicted 63 games correctly for 81 points. Merson predicted 61 games correctly for 85 points.  I am starting to pull ahead.
I will link to Lawrenson’s and Merson’s new predictions when they are published.  They will be found here and here.
Here are my predictions using the same rules outlined here. 
Arsenal-Leicester                             1-0
Hull-Aston Villa                                1-1
Sunderland-QPR                              2-1
Liverpool-Spurs                               1-1
Chelsea-Everton                              2-1
Man U-Burnley                                1-0
Southampton-West Ham              2-1
Stoke-Man City                                1-2
Palace-Newcastle                            1-1
West Brom-Swansea                      1-1

MAGIC NUMBERS
Here are Southampton's magic numbers for the entire League as explained hereI am leaving the clubs in the same order so we can see where the changes occur.
Chelsea               54
Man City             47
Man U                 42
Arsenal                40
Tottenham          41
Liverpool             37
West Ham           35
Swansea              32
Stoke                    31
Newcastle           29
Everton                25
Palace                  24
Sunderland         22
West Brom         21
Aston Villa          20
Burnley                19
Hull                       18
QPR                      17
Leicester             15
The points total mathematically needed to avoid relegation is still 58.  It might drop to 57 after the next round.  If the bottom teams keep losing it will start dropping more noticeably by the end of the month.

Edited:  9 February 2015 to correct slight demonstrations of my inability to count to five.

No comments:

Post a Comment