Monday, September 7, 2015

Predictions 2015-2016 (Round 5)

This past week I picked five games out of ten correctly with one correct score for 80 points.  Lawrenson picked five out of ten correctly with two correct scores for 110 points.  His celebrity guest picked picked three correctly for 30 points.  Merson picked five out of ten correctly with one correct score for a total of 80 points.

My current total for the season is 17 out of 40 with for 260 points.  Lawrenson has picked 16 out of 40 for 310 points.  Merson has picked 21 out of 39 for a total of 420 points.

When Lawrenson and Merson make their new picks I will link them here and here.  I didn't link their picks last week because I left town on vacation (holiday) before they were posted.

Only one more round of predictions before I can rely upon the data from this season.  I assume that will help.  On the other hand, if home clubs continue to underperform, my system will not work well.  However, I cannot believe that the home field advantage which has existed in all sports for decades or longer (the stats for ancient Roman gladiator competitions are not easily accessible) can suddenly disappear in the Premier League in2015.
PREDICTIONS
My system’s picking rules can be found here.  Based upon those rules here are my predictions for the next round of games:
Everton-Chelsea                              1-2

Arsenal-Stoke                                   2-1

Palace-Man City                               1-2

Norwich-Cherries                            1-1

Watford-Swansea                           1-2

West Brom-Southampton            1-1

Man U-Liverpool                             2-1

Sunderland-Tottenham                 1-2

Leicester-Aston Villa                       2-1

West Ham-Newcastle                    2-1         

No comments:

Post a Comment