Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I Make Predictions (Round 22)

I had my first really bad round this time as Lawrenson, his celebrity guest, and Merson all out scored me.  Mark Lawrenson got seven games right for 13 points.  His celebrity guest got four games right for eight points.  Merson got five games right for seven points.  I got three games right for five points.

One thing that helped Lawrenson do well this past week is that he only picked two games to be decided by more than one goal.  If he is going to start being smart like that I will be at a severe disadvantage given that he actually is more of an expert than me and he has the flexibility to pick as he likes rather than using an inflexible system like mine.

Since I started ten rounds ago I have predicted 47 out of 100 games correctly for 75 points.  Lawrenson predicted 50 games correctly for 66 points. Merson predicted 48 games correctly for 64 points.  Another week like this one and my lead will be gone.
I will link to Lawrenson’s and Merson’s new predictions when they are published.  They will be found here and here.
Here are my predictions using the same rules outlined here. 
Aston Villa-Liverpool                                       1-1
Burnley-Palace                                                 1-1
Leicester-Stoke                                                1-2
QPR-Man U                                                      1-2
Swansea-Chelsea                                            1-2
Spurs-Sunderland                                           2-1
Newcastle-Southampton                              0-1
West Ham-Hull                                               2-1
Man City-Arsenal                                           2-1
Everton-West Brom                                      2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment