Sunday, November 30, 2014

I Make Predictions (Round 14)

(Note: I have changed the title from Part 3 to Round 14 because that is more informative.)

Last week, using his scoring system, Mark Lawrenson got 8 points and I got four points.   He got six games right with one correct score, while I only got two right, but I got the correct score in the Burnley-Aston Villa game.  His celebrity guest got eight points.

Again, I note that only two games were decided by two or more goals yet Lawrenson picked four games to be decided by that kind of margin.  Of course, my system did not do very well this weekend with only two correct predictions, but I designed it to maximize my chances of getting an exact score based upon the scoring system Lawrenson is using.

I am will do another round of predictions using the same rules outlined here.

Based upon my system my picks are
Manchester United-Stoke              2-1
Burnley-Newcastle                           0-1
Palace-Aston Villa                            2-1
Leicester-Liverpool                         1-2
Swansea-QPR                                   2-1
West Brom-West  Ham                  1-2
Sunderland-Manchester City        0-1
Everton-Hull                                    2-1
Chelsea-Spurs                                 2-1
Arsenal-Southampton                   1-1
This week I have only predicted one draw which seems a bit low but that is the way it goes.  I also picked 7 2-1 games which also seems unlikely.  But still, it is vastly more likely that seven 2-0 games.
NOTICE:  Given the short time before our next game and the fact that I am training a new secretary this week I don’t have time to do a “Thirteen games-26 points” post, but I will do a Fourteen game post by next Monday.  Of course, if we lose both upcoming games it will feel less interesting.  Also, I apologize for publishing my Twelve game post twice, albeit with a slightly different commentary.  I got confused.

UPDATED: To fix minor error--I neglected to include Southampton's game in the scores for us prognosticators.

No comments:

Post a Comment