Friday, December 5, 2014

I Make Predictions (Round 15)

Last week, using his scoring system, Mark Lawrenson got seven games right for nine points.  I got six games right for ten points.  His celebrity guest got eleven points.  Apparently, this was an easier week.

Again, only two games were decided by two or more goals yet Lawrenson picked six games to be decided by that kind of margin.  Clearly, Lawrenson is better at picking the correct result than is my system, but his insistence on picking teams to win by two or more goals is costing him points because it hurts his chances of getting the correct score.   This week he again picked five games to be won by two or more goals.  His predictions can be found here. 
I am will do another round of predictions using the same rules outlined here. 
Based upon my system my picks are
Newcastle-Chelsea                         0-1
Hull-West Brom                              1-1
Liverpool-Sunderland                    2-1
QPR-Burnley                                   1-1
Stoke-Arsenal                                 1-2
Spurs-Palace                                   2-1
Man City-Everton                          2-1
West Ham-Swansea                     2-1
Aston Villa-Leicester                    2-1
Southampton-Man Utd               2-1
As always, my system picked lots of 2-1 games.  It only predicted one draw which will probably not be correct.
I still don’t have much time to post since I am swamped with work and I have to go out of town Sunday.  I will be missing Monday’s game live, but I should be able to hide from the score until I get home Monday night and watch it—unless I get too impatient and deliberately check the score.

No comments:

Post a Comment