Monday, December 29, 2014

I Make Predictions (Round 20)

Over the weekend, using his scoring system, Mark Lawrenson got three games right for three points.  His celebrity guest got two games right for two points.  I got four games right for six points.  As I was watching the results come in on Sunday I thought I was doing quite poorly, but then when I looked at the other two set of picks I felt better.  This was a considerably less predictable round of games that the last bunch.

Since I started eight rounds ago I have predicted 41 out of 80 games correctly for 65 points.  Lawrenson got 41 games correct for 51 points.
I will link to Lawrenson’s new predictions when they are published.  They will be found here.
Here are my predictions using the same rules outlined here. 
Stoke-Man U                                    1-2
Aston Villa-Palace                            2-1
Hull-Everton                                     1-1
Liverpool-Leicester                         2-1
Man City-Sunderland                     1-0
Newcastle-Burnley                         2-1
QPR-Swansea                                   1-1
Southampton-Arsenal                    2-1
West Ham-West Brom                   2-1
Spurs-Chelsea                                  1-1
At the end of last round’s picks I indicated how I would have modified my predictions if I were going to add a subjective factor.  I would have been worse off.  I would have lost four points (three from our game and one from the Man U game) and picked up only three (Arsenal) so there’s that.  I should and will stick to my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment