Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Here are my (mostly) Southampton FC related New Year’s resolutions.

1)      To keep remembering to call soccer “football” and football “American football.”

2)      To try to remember (when appropriate) to put the date before the month even though it looks wrong because it really does make more sense that way.

3)      To learn the best way to type the pound sign on my American computer.

4)      To lose weight so as to enhance the chances I will live long enough to see Southampton win a trophy.

5)      To avoid arguing with the idiots who disagree with me on the internet.

6)      To debate intelligently the non-idiots who disagree with me on the internet.

7)      To admit all mistakes I make on my blog and some of my mistakes I make in the rest of my life.

8)      To finish at least one of the three long blog articles that I have spent ten or more hours on before I bogged down—but not to lose track of the concept of sunk costs in the process.

9)      To not make up some bogus resolution just because the list ought to have ten things on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment