Friday, August 22, 2014

Great Moments in Recent Southampton FC History (Part Five)

In honor of today’s game, I have selected the worst game I have ever seen Southampton play.  Keep in mind that I saw very few of our games before we were in the premier league.  I saw none of the games that led to the two relegations since I only became a fan in Summer 2010. No doubt I missed many worse performances over the past several decades.  But this is the one I will always remember—I hope.  I don’t want to see and remember a worse performance.

We had been playing well and then everything went wrong.  Although I was still confident we would avoid relegation, there was so much not to like about this game.  Two red cards are never a good thing.  These were particularly frustrating  since we were watching the Fair Play Table at the time.   Of course, I know now that we did not need a European competition that would have started in June.

In retrospect, the game looks very different since the annoying Shane Long is one of us. I wonder if any of the West Brom players will find it necessary to whack him in the face later today.  We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment