Monday, August 4, 2014

I am not a Secret Agent for Southampton FC’s Board


On a couple of forums devoted to Southampton FC it has been suggested that, perhaps, my sudden appearance as a blogger with a rational, but unprovable, explanation for this summer’s transfer dealings arises out of my status as an undercover PR flack for the board.  This is not true.  But, of course, that is what I would say even if it were true. Nevertheless, I do have several responses. 
First, this is not an anonymous blog.  My name is Rudy Kraft.  You can google me.  If you do, you come up with three people on the first page of results:  An American Football player from nearly 100 years ago, an author of Fantasy Role Playing modules from the 1980s, and a California lawyer.  I am two of those people.  My grandfather may have been the third.  We are not really sure.  If you look at the photographs you can see a couple of pictures of me from 1980.  That is pretty much how I still dress, by the way.  You will also see the covers of my various game related products.  Some of them can still be purchased although no one is sending me any royalties any more.
Second, even if I were secretly speaking on behalf of the board, it would not mean that I was part of a plot to cover asset stripping.  I could just as easily be part of a plot to reassure the public that the Board has a plan which cannot be officially acknowledged until the transfer window is over.  Or I could be part of a plot to do something else so clever and nefarious that no one can figure it out and never will because of how effective I am at distracting everyone.
Third, I have no inside information about the club.  The only communications I have had with the club are a purchase of two 2012-1013 personalized children’s kits which I gave as birthday presents to my two paralegals' children.  More recently I asked whether it was possible to purchase a season ticket and donate it to charity.  I was provided with the necessary information.  I have not actually purchased any such ticket, however.  Finally, I sent an email to the PR department and the general email address telling them that I had started a Southampton FC blog and providing a link.  I did not expect and did not receive a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment